Abortion is a tough decision for every mother to make. It is a painful process to go through. The bleeding after an abortion depends; it can either go on for 9 to 14 days to a month-long. The bleeding is more or like menstruation, but you will notice dark clot blood, which is almost black or brown. In this time, you must take care of yourself.
Tips to stop the bleeding
- A deep uterine massage will relieve you from the pain and also heavy bleeding. All you need to do is massage the area below your belly button down to your pelvic bone, making a circular motion.
- Take as much rest as you can, as too much activity can lead to more bleeding. If you exercise regularly, take at least a week break from it.
- Use maternity pads; they are much thicker than the usual sanitary pads, which absorb much blood at once. It is suggested to mothers after their baby is born or abortion.
- You can use a heating pad to relax your lower abdomen for the pain. If you don’t have a heating pad, you can fill a water bottle with hot water and use it as a pad.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it will increase bleeding. It is best to avoid any drugs or liquid and instead consume healthy food.
- Ask your doctor for medications if it is necessary. It is a natural process to bleed, but doctors suggest some medicines to stop your bleeding faster. It can help you to a great extent.
- If the pain is intense, then you can take pain killers for 2 to 3 days.
Let your body heal independently; it is the best way to cope with abortion and bleeding. Medications will help you go through it quickly.