During pregnancy, the volume of blood in a lady’s body increases by 30 to 50 percent. This increased volume of blood nourishes the growing baby. In this article, we will tell you how to manage after-birth bleeding.
The bleeding that a woman experiences after giving birth to a baby is called lochia. This bleeding is the result of the shedding of the lining of the uterus. Lochia is a mixture of mucus, blood, and tissue where the placenta was attached. The bleeding may continue for weeks and decrease gradually.
Why use maternity pads after delivery?
- Maternity pads take away much of the stress about leaking and staining.
- They will let you feel free and comfortable and concentrate more on your baby.
- Whether it is a normal delivery or a cesarean, you would need maternity pads.
- During bleeding, you must use maternity pads instead of tampons.
- Try to use pads that are designed for overnight protection and are long and absorbent.
- You can always choose to save money and go for traditional sanitary pads, but this will just create discomfort for you.
Best Maternity Pads for Women
Using just a simple maternity pad would not be useful. You need to make a selection according to your needs. Let’s look at some of the best options.
- Organic: These are one of the most trusted brands when it comes to maternity pads’ choice. Organic pads are made up of super absorbent cotton. The pads are extra comfortable, soft, and fluffy. These types of pads are best suited during the first few weeks after delivery.
- Always Maxi: These are one of the best-rated pads. Always Maxi pads are recommended to be worn overnight. They are longer and have wider dimensions. These pads are also hygienic to use. Always Maxi maternity pads do have wings.
- Covidien: These are one of the most affordable and reliable products. You can avail of these pads along with mesh panties. They are super-soft and offer you effective absorbency features.
- Natracare: These pads are longer and narrower. They are also made from organic cotton and are biodegradable. Natracare pads do not come with wings and individual wrapping.
It is always better to be on a safer side by using the best maternity pads. Sanitary pads are also preferable after the flow of blood minimizes to an average level. You can buy these maternity pads both online and offline.